! ESL EFL English site for elementary school kids, with free MP3 songs, games and teacher training >
This page in Japanese
Here is a great idea sent in by a Genki English viewer. Try it out and
let us know what you think!
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page! Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Or if you'd like to know when this page is updated, have a look at the RSS Updates page!
Author = Bridget McNamara
Level = Elementary
Target_English = any dialogue
Big_Small = Big groups
This game involving collecting things and janken is a sure-fire way to practice any question/answer dialogue.
1. Cut up paper into little pieces.
2. Teach the kids 'Rock Paper Scissors'. The Genki English song is really cool.
3. Teach the kids a short dialogue, for example 'What's your name?' 'My name is OOO'
4. Give each student 3 pieces of paper.
5. They find a partner, do the dialogue, play Rock Paper Scissors and the winner gets a piece of paper from their partner's collection.
6. And then you just keep on going.
Usually I set a goal for the kids, like when they have 6 pieces of paper, they come to me, we count them out in English together and they get a stamp in their Eigo Passport. Then they start from 3 pieces of paper again but this time they have to get 10 or whatever.
And if they lose all their pieces of paper, DON'T make them 'out', they can ask for ONE piece of paper to get them back in the game.
(a similar game to this is the "Name Card Game")
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page!
Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Sign up to get my top tips, games & hints via email!