This Page in Japanese
Here is a great idea sent in by a Genki English viewer. Try it out and
let us know what you think!
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page! Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Or if you'd like to know when this page is updated, have a look at the RSS Updates page!
Author: Salvador Domingo.
Ages: Ages 7 to Adults
Level: Elementary - Jr. High
Target English: Adaptable to most structures
No. of Students: small groups
Materials: Flyswatters (1 per student), One Balloon, Jump rope & Flashcards
1. Set a "Badminton" court in the classroom with two chairs and the jump rope.
2. Divide the class into 2 or more teams (depending on the number of Students).
3. Inflate a balloon to a medium size (the younger the kids are, the bigger the balloon must be).
4. Give each player a "racket" (flyswatter).
5. The rules are: to hit the balloon so that it does not touch the floor (you might want to set a three-hit limit).
6. When a team drops the balloon on the floor the other team earns a point. However, at that moment show a flashcard (or whatever the lesson target is) to all the Students. The first team to call it out earns another point (regardless who dropped the balloon).
Variations: Have the students make more complex structures such as: "S/he is dancing", "I want to be a..." or "She's from..." etc.
(also have a look at the "Balloon Game" - Richard)
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page!
Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Sign up to get my top tips, games & hints via email!