Page in Japanese
Here is a great idea sent in by a Genki English viewer. Try it out and
let us know what you think!
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page! Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Or if you'd like to know when this page is updated, have a look at the RSS Updates page!
This game of the month comes from John Loynes and thanks to the Mushi
King craze it's very popular. Here it is presented in its simplest way,
but you can easily get the kids to practise the conversation of the day
before doing the janken ( i.e. rock, paper, scissors ).
1. Kids make 2 lines of 4 people. Each line becomes a "bug".
2. The "bugs" move so that the front kid, the "head", of one is facing the "head" of the other.
3. The teacher or student draws a four segment insect for each team on the board ( great to link to the Monster Drawing Game http://www.genkienglish.net/monster.htm )
4. The two "heads" janken, ( or practise today's conversation and then janken)
5. The loser gets EATEN!
6. They have to wipe the rear section of their bug off the board and sit down.
7. The new "head" jankens with the previous winner and continue until one "bug" has been completely eaten!
I know quite a few classes that this game would go down very well with!
This was voted the favourite game of one of my grade 2 classes.
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page!
Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Sign up to get my top tips, games & hints via email!