! ESL EFL English site for elementary school kids, with free MP3 songs, games and teacher training >
This Page in English
Here is a great idea sent in by a Genki English viewer. Try it out and
let us know what you think!
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page! Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Or if you'd like to know when this page is updated, have a look at the RSS Updates page!
The Brits out there will recognise this game from UK TV. This is a nice
little variation for learning numbers and shopping English!
1. On the board put up 8 pictures. Either usual things such as planes or foods, or the recommended way is to use things related to famous people e.g. Beckham's football boot, a signed Britney CD etc.. Have a look around google for some ideas.
2. You point to the first card, tell the kids what it is and ask them how much they think it is.
3. The kids shout out the price. You can either have them in teams, or the way I'd prefer is a total free for all!
4. You tell the kids the price.
5. Now ask them whether they think the next item is "higher" or "lower".
6. The kids reply.
7. You then ask them how much they think it is and repeat from 4!
A bit of organised chaos, but it works great if you have some interesting items up there!
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page!
Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Sign up to get my top tips, games & hints via email!