Here is a great idea sent in by a Genki English viewer. Try it out and
let us know what you think!
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page! Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Or if you'd like to know when this page is updated, have a look at the RSS Updates page!
author: Katie Dwyer
target_English: How are you? Or any conversation
Choose what conversation you'd like to use . I've used 'Good morning' 'How are you?' 'I'm........, thank you', 'Goodbye'.
1. Get the students to sit in a circle.
2. Get them to close their eyes.
3. The JT ( Japanese teacher ) and you then sneak around the circle and touch one student each on the back.
4. The two students then have to stand in the middle of the circle and do the dialogue.
I had a ban on just using 'I'm fine thank you" they had to choose another response.
5. When they've finished the dialogue they have to run in opposite directions around the circle and back to their positions.
6. First one back gets a sticker.
7. You could use chairs if you want a bit more control to the seating arrangements!
My 5th graders really enjoyed this one. It was a good way to liven up the beginning of the lesson. You could always use it as a conversation practice activity by splitting the class into teams and giving them points for their team.
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page!
Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Sign up to get my top tips, games & hints via email!